Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Review: Garnier Skin Naturals Series: Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfections Roll-On, Garnier Light Complete Multi Action Whitening Cream and Garnier Light Intensive Brightening Scrub


OK. So I’m still in search for skin care products which can help improve my imperfections – that will be dark spots, pimple scars and KP (keratosis pilaris or chicken skin). KP has no cure yet, so I’m just gonna focus on the 1st two (although I’ve tried a lotion which I think improved my KP, but will discuss that separately :) ).

Anyway, I’ve already tried high end products aka Lancome Visionnaire line (which I also have a review on) but it doesn’t work for me. I’ve read some good reviews on some Garnier products so I thought why not try it? If it will work better than the expensive line, what more can I ask for right? On with the review then!



Products & its claims
  • Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfections Roll-OnHas Anti-imperfection action: Concentrated in purifying salicylic acid. Its fresh non greasy formula quickly dries out imperfections instantly. Has Anti-marks fading action: Enriched with Herbarepair known for its regenerating & repairing properties, helps to improve skin, minimize redness & fade out marks. Visible efficacy: in 5 hours, redness is reduced. In 2 days, imperfections & marks are visibly reduced.
  • Garnier Light Complete Multi Action Whitening Cream – Snowpine White Source is 10x more efficient than Vitamin C to help improve dullness & fade out spots; Micro smoothing agent with gentle exfoliating action to smoothen skin texture. The formula helps minimize pores; Pure Lemon Essence with ultimate antioxidant efficacy to boost healthy glow. With SPF 17 PA++ to protect your skin from UVA & UVB. Result is perfect flawless fair skin in 14 days.
  • Garnier Light Intensive Brightening Scrub - has an ultra foaming texture, easy to rinse, with gentle micro-beads and lemon essence for an immediate action on dullness. Vitamin C derived from Pure Lemon Essence is proven to effectively whiten the skin, thus bringing out the skin's natural luminosity so your skin becomes fairer and more radiant. It also contains Long Dan essence that inhibits the production of melanin, the culprit in darkening of skin and formation of dark spots.


My experience & thoughts on these products
I’ve been using these products for 3 weeks now & has made it my daily routine so I can really see if it would really be what it claimed to be.

When I first used the roll on, I really liked it coz I immediately feel the minty/cool effect on my skin. On the other hand, I find it difficult for the product to come out. I’m working & most of the time I’m in  a rush, so a few minutes is important for me. I’ll be using the product & rolling it for maybe 2 minutes just so I’ll be satisfied with the coverage on the few spots I’m applying it into. If this is a cream, I’ll be done in seconds! I don’t feel being massaged by the roll on coz it’s too small so I don’t really see the benefit of the roll on. What I need is the product!!! :P I tried to leave it upside down, but didn’t help. How difficult can it be to use a roll on? Haha!

Anyway, the product claimed to reduce redness in 5 hours & reduce marks in 2 days. Not true – for me. Believe me, I would want it to be true, but it’s not..at least for me. So, I tried it both to new pimples (one in my face & one in my chest area) & to old pimple scars. Didn’t do anything for existing scars – although I don’t blame it coz  I assume its claims on the box pertains to new ones. As for its effect on new pimples, my pimples actually got redder on the 2nd day. :( On the other hand, it did dry out after a few more days. So let’s just say that instead of 2 days, its effect is 1 week. Although I’m thinking, my pimples normally dry out in a week regardless if I put something to it or not. (toinks!)

First thing I like with this product? It has SPF. You would probably think, “What the hell is this girl talking about? All products have SPF!” That’s what I thought so too before (Remember Lancome Visionnaire line where none has SPF despite its astronomical price? I really can’t get over this product…obviously :P). So, I’m using this cream everyday both in my face & neck (never forget the neck, it needs some loving too!) I really like the smell which I guess is because of the lemon essence. The cream is a bit thick but amazingly, it’s easy to apply & it’s non greasy. Initially, I thought that since it’s thicker than the other moisturizers I’ve used, there would be a bit of pulling of the skin just so I can spread the cream evenly to my face. But, it spreads out easily & smoothly. :)

Second thing I like with this product is that it goes well with my makeup. I guess it’s because it’s non greasy. I mean, I only use compact powder on top of it but the other moisturizers I’ve used before would make me sweat more that I don’t want to put moisturizer /sun block in the morning anymore -& you know how important it is to always, always put sun block. (Btw, if you’re in the Philippines, you’d be sweating a lot too coz it’s freaking hot here right now!)

Lastly, and which is the most important thing of all, this product did reduces appearance of dark spots. Not dramatically though, just a tiny bit. But hey, with the price of the product, tiny improvement is already beyond expectation! How can I say it worked? Well, I’m not noticing my dark spots anymore. I mean, it’s still there but not that noticeable anymore. And, the reason I bought a very expensive product before is because I can’t bear to see my dark spots anymore – that’s how noticeable it is before that it pushed me to buy very expensive products (again with the Lancome rant, haha!) So yeah, two thumbs up for this product from me! :)

Again, love the smell of lemon. :) Apart from that, I also like the micro beads (as what they call it). I’ve tried other scrubs before & it kinda hurts when I wash my face coz I can really feel the beads. I guess that also contributed to dullness & dryness of my skin. The Garnier scrub though feels so soft in the skin, it makes washing my face enjoyable. Sometimes I even use it in the eye area if I forget to use makeup remover first. I don’t worry though coz I feel it’s so soft – but then again, I’m very careful & would just scrub very lightly on the eye area. It’s not a problem too if I’m in a hurry as it rinses quickly. I cannot say though that it is a brightening or lightening product coz my colors the same regardless if I’m using all Garnier products for now. But for this scrub, nothing negative to say. Love it a lot that this maybe my go to, until I find something better :)


Will I repurchase?
Roll on – No.
Cream & Scrub – definitely yes!

But why stop with these products when I can find something better? ;) Til next product review then!


Again, hope you find my review useful. Feel free to leave your comments! Take care!


-Carla

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW MUCH IS THE PRICE?

Post a Comment